Here are five takeaways from my recent fireside chat with Dana Barrett at General Assembly Atlanta:
- If you have a great idea and market but you aren’t getting funded, look in the mirror.
- VCs get paid to write checks. All they’re looking for is the right idea with the right risk tolerance.
- Technology is all about being ambitious and lazy. It’s not about working hard. If you want to work hard, work at a coal mine.
- Competition is not only in the 404. Competition is global.
- Figure out how much capital you must have to never need more and work backwards from that number.