The Combine is proud to launch Konstru, our latest portfolio company. If you are a structural engineer, we encourage you to visit konstru.com and join our beta user program. This launch is an excellent example of how our portfolio companies complete our diligence process from corporate IP artifact to market launch. Below is the launch announcement from the website.
3D BIM interoperability for structural engineers
Today, we introduce Konstru (beta), a web-based version control and interoperability software for 3D BIM models for structural engineers. Click here to join the limited beta user program. We created this cloud-based software because, as engineers, we didn’t want to keep building models in different software packages over and over again and continue to get lost in different file versions. Below is a short (2:19) video introduction.
Why We Created Konstru
Konstru is made by structural engineers for structural engineers. If you are a structural engineer using Revit, Tekla, ETABS, Grasshopper, Excel, SAP2000, ETABS, RAM or other modeling software, you’ve probably encountered the painful issue of collaborating with other team members inside and outside of your firm. The pain in maintaining accurate model versions, controlling user access, comparing different versions of models, and analyzing different models when everyone on a team uses a different software package is what led us to create Konstru.
What Engineers Can Do Now
Here are just a few of the tasks that structural engineers can do now that they couldn’t before.
- Manage user permissions for every project, so now you can assign Admin, Write, or Read-Only permissions for every collaborator you invite
- Review model version history, and see who changed the model, what they changed, and when they changed it
- Review all version history, and revert all changes to any previous version
- Upload BIM models from and download models into Revit, SAP2000, RAM, Excel, ETABS, Tekla and Grasshopper
- Review differences between versions and revert unwanted changes
- Use the Konstru Excel client to edit your model in Excel
- Visualize model content by attributes or changed values
- Merge changes of versions or models, so if you’re developing designed studies, you can copy changes across models
We’ve created plugins for common engineering tools, and we will continue to create plugins that you need. So, right out of the box, Konstru supports a large amount of elements like beams, columns, floors, walls, and analytical elements like loads, restraints, and load combinations from the software you currently use.
What Konstru Does For Engineers
Every time you upload or download a model, Konstru then shows you what is going to happen to your model in the staging dialog. So you never miss a change, and you decide to apply the changes you really want. Every time you upload to Konstru, our web app shows the change as a new version. Additionally, you can compare two models to see the differences in geometry, elements, or attributes.
The Beta Program Is Now Open
Our free limited beta period is now open. You can sign up here to get immediate access to the software. We really want your feedback on our functionality, features, interface, integrations (Revit, Tekla, etc.). What do you think is the very best thing that Konstru does? Just send us an email at email@example.com.
Learn Konstru via Video
Want more? We’re building a video library just for you. As we work through the beta program, add features and functionalities, we will add more and more short, simple, useful videos.